Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hunting for the wedding colour palette


Dear diary,


While I was thinking on where to start in planning my own wedding, then I notice that choosing the right colour may have a huge influence on the overall look. Ye lah, kalau tak pilih warna tema, macam mana nak pilih baju, hiasan meja dan dewan, cenderamata untuk tetamu, kek, dan lain-lain, as everything stems from the choice of your main colour.


I naturally love pastel colours like pretty pink, lavender orchid, baby blue, mint green, soft yellow and light coral. That's why I chose to wear the combination of soft pink and honeydew green for my engagement dress. I personally think that these colours help to create a romantic air in one occasion, sesuai lah untuk majlis-majlis kawin macam gini kan? hehe.


Simple honey-dew mini kurung with pink, yellow and blue embroids


But at the same time, I always dream for a wedding with all white scheme, from the bridal attire, hall decor, main table decor, flowers to the wedding cake. White really forms an elegant, classic and stylish ambiance am I right? Tapi orang tua-tua mesti tak berapa berkenan especially the grandmothers. Pucat lesi tak berseri depa kata! T__T


There are times when adore deep and rich colour tones so much like blood red, dark purple, electric blue and emerald green in a wedding. They look bold and confident. Tapi tak semua orang sesuai pakai macam tu. I takut nanti I end up jadi mak tiri snow white dalam wedding dress sendiri. Tapi kalau mak tiri cun macam Charlize Theron dalam cerita Snow White and the Huntsman, why not???? hehehe. ;p


Hmm, mesti orang ingat orang perempuan ni cerewet kan? Nak pilih warna tema pun payah. But's that the nature I guess? Once I have the idea on what hues should I opt for, then the rest will be much easier. Cabaran seterusnya mungkin tak semua benda ada dalam warna yang kita pilih. ;O


Love,
the-excited-bride


2 comments:

OwNnA said...

errr..i think u will look gojes in any colour.hihi..now byk jgk yg combine colour.i do like purple-blue..=p da jmpe theme nnt update yer!leh p cari siap2..haha!=p

amirah said...

una:

pening rupanya nak pilih wedding theme ni. masalahnya sebab kak mirah nampak semuaaaa pun lawa. aduiiii. pening-pening.